Ever heard of the Dosh app and wondered if it’s worth your time? Many wonder if it’s legit, safe, or just another flashy app with hidden cons.
To answer this question, make sure to read this ultimate Dosh app review guide. We’re diving deep to uncover if it’s truly legit and safe, so you can protect your wallet. You’ll discover the pros, highlight the cons, and even touch on some user complaints.
It’s essential to know where your money’s going, right? Stick with me, and I’ll guide you through it all.
- How it Works: Users link their cards to the Dosh app. When they shop at participating brands, they earn cash back automatically.
- Payout: Once users accumulate $20, they can transfer it to their bank, PayPal, Venmo, or donate to charity.
- Legitimacy: Dosh is a legitimate cash-back app with millions of downloads and high ratings on both Google Play and the App Store.
- Safety: Dosh is safe to use. It doesn’t sell data to third parties, doesn’t store card information, and uses bank-level security with 256-bit encryption.
- Earning Potential: Users can earn cash back, refer friends for bonuses, and get cash back from hotel bookings. There’s also a $1 bonus for linking the first card.
Participating Stores: Dosh has over 10,000 participating merchants.
How does the Dosh app work?
Before I share with you anything about the Dosh app, let’s first learn how the Dosh app works. Dosh is designed to give you automatic cash back at numerous places when you shop, dine, or book hotels.
Unlike traditional cashback methods, there’s no need for coupons or receipt scanning.
Here’s a simple breakdown:
- Connect: First, download the Dosh app and link your cards. Alternatively, check to see if your preferred payment method offers a Dosh-powered cashback experience.
- Shop: Whenever you use your card, Dosh recognizes the brands you love and deposits cash back into your wallet automatically.
- Transfer: Once you’ve accumulated $20, you can transfer it to your bank, PayPal, or Venmo. Alternatively, you can choose to donate your cash back to charity.
Is Dosh Legit?
Dosh is a completely legitimate cash-back app that allows members to earn cash back when they make purchases at any store or online that Dosh is affiliated with. I have used the Dosh app and find it a totally legitimate app to use.
Based on multiple online sources, I have listed some well known other websites that mention Dosh as a legitimate website.
Here are the sites:
- Money Under 30
- The Penny Hoarder
- Wallet Hacks
- Business Insider
- USA Today
- MSN Money
- Tom’s Guide
- Digital Trends
- The Balance
Is Dosh Safe to Use?
Dosh is a safe app to use. The app has millions of downloads and a high rating on the Google Play Store and App Store, and there have been no security issues reported.
Multiple online sources also suggest that Dosh is safe to use.
Here is why the Dosh app is secure:
- Dosh doesn’t sell data to third parties and doesn’t store card information
- Dosh partners with Braintree, a secure platform designed for securely storing payment card data.
- Bank-level security with 256-bit encryption.
- Multi-Factor and Two-Factor Authentication
- Passwords, credit or debit card data, and bank account information are not stored in the Dosh App.
- All data is encrypted with sophisticated software.
- Securely connect your credit and debit cards to the app
- Dosh searches for available offers and automatically redeems them
- No need to cut coupons, scan receipts, or remember discount codes
- Cash back is deposited directly into your Dosh Wallet
- Transfer your cash to your bank account, Venmo, PayPal, or donate to charity from the app.
Pros of Dosh:
- Automatic Cash Back: Dosh provides automatic cash back at thousands of places when you shop, dine, or book hotels. There’s no need for coupons or receipt scanning.
- Easy to Use: Simply download the app, link your cards, and start shopping. The cash back is deposited into your Dosh wallet automatically.
- Wide Range of Places: Over 10,000 places offer cash back through Dosh, including big-box retailers, grocery stores, hotels, and local restaurants.
- Security: Dosh emphasizes its commitment to user security. They use bank-level security with 256-bit encryption and Multi-Factor and Two-Factor Authentication.
- Privacy: Dosh is committed to consumer privacy. They don’t sell user data to businesses or third parties. Additionally, they don’t store any credit or banking information.
Cons of Dosh:
- Minimum Transfer Amount: Users need to accumulate at least $20 before they can transfer their cash back to their bank, PayPal, or Venmo.
- Limited to Linked Cards: Cash back is only available when you use cards that are linked to the Dosh app.
- Dependence on Participating Brands: Cash back is dependent on the brands and retailers that have partnered with Dosh. If a brand or retailer is not on Dosh, users won’t get cash back for shopping there.
Can you make money with Dosh?
Yes, you can make money with Dosh in several ways.
You get automatic cashback when you shop with linked cards at participating stores. If you refer friends, you earn $10 for each one who signs up with your code and links a card. Plus, if you refer businesses, you get a cut of their Dosh fees for two years.
Booking a hotel through Dosh? You can earn up to 40% cashback from over 600,000 hotels. There are also special online shopping offers in the Dosh app for extra cashback.
And don’t forget, when you link your first card after signing up, you get a $1 bonus. So, with Dosh, every bit of shopping or referring can put money back in your pocket.
Dosh app review complaints
Here are some complaints about the Dosh app. Note: These are complaints from users and other Dosh app review sites. If you experience any concern about the Dosh app, then you can comment down below and I will add them to the list.
Poor Customer Service: Slow responses and auto-reply emails that don’t resolve problems
Clawing Back Rewards: Rewards were cancelled or removed due to Dosh’s issues with confusing explanations.
Account Locking or Suspension: Accounts are locked, especially after earning $300+ in rewards.
Limited Payment Options: Only PayPal, Venmo, or charity donations are accepted.
Credit Card Compatibility Issues: Doesn’t support cards like American Express, Discover, prepaid cards, etc.
Slow Payouts: Up to 90 days wait for cash back for online purchases.
Geographical Limitation: Available only to US residents.
Limited in-store offers: fewer offers in smaller cities.
Merchants Changing Participation: Stores can end their partnership with Dosh, terminating offers.
Dosh app participating stores
Dosh has over 10,000 participating merchants, including major national chains as well as local/independent businesses.
Major National Retailers: some of the major national retailers that participate in Dosh include
- Office Depot
- Forever 21
- Home Depot
- Dosh has partnerships with many local and independent restaurants, retailers, and service providers. These vary by location.
- When you open the Dosh app, it will show you nearby offers based on your location, so you can see which local businesses participate.
- Some categories of local businesses with Dosh offers include restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques, salons, dry cleaners, car washes, etc.
- Dosh allows you to book hotels through their app and earn up to 40% cashback on hotel stays.
- They have 600,000 hotels globally that participate in their cashback offers.