The importance of Black Friday in the retail calendar cannot be overstated. As we head into 2023, expectations are high, with Black Friday sales forecasted to surpass $9.8 billion and sales increasing by 7.46%.
Highlighting the surge in online shopping, US retailers experienced an impressive increase in their online sales of more than 374% during the Black Friday event.
With this backdrop, let me share the most crucial Black Friday sales statistics and data you should be aware of right away. 🛍️📊📲
Balck Friday Sales Statistics: The Key Data
- Black Friday sales are expected to exceed $9.8 billion in 2023.
- Black Friday sales will increase by 7.46% in 2023.
- On Black Friday, online sales for US retailers increased by over 374%.
- 69% of people will shop online, while 32% will shop in person on Black Friday.
- The average discount for online Black Friday sales is 34%.
- 48% of Black Friday e-commerce revenue came from mobile sales.
- Black Friday saw a 64.5% increase in in-store sales compared to October’s average.
- 2020 Black Friday sales were down 20% compared to 2019.
- Black Friday saw a 2.3% increase in online sales in 2021.