Adding an EBT card to your Amazon account can unlock various benefits, such as discounted Prime memberships and the ability to purchase eligible groceries online.
So how do I add an EBT/Snap/Food Stamps card to my Amazon account?
Here is a quick guide to adding an EBT card to an Amazon account. If you want to step by step guide with an image, then scroll down below.
- Click Here to go directly to the Amazon EBT Card input page.
- Then, Click or tap “Add your SNAP EBT card.”
- Add your EBT card number and click or tap Continue button.
- On the checkout page of Amazon, Select the EBT card options.
In this guide, I will show you a step by step guide on how to add EBT card to Amazon account with ease.
Quick Step-by-Step Guide to Add EBT card to Amazon Account
Step 1: Click Here to go to the Amazon EBT Card input page. Then click or tab on a button called “Add your SNAP EBT card”. (See the page below.)
Step 2: Add your EBT card number and click or tab Continue (Check your EBT card under the text called “Card Number”).
Step 3: On the checkout page of Amazon, Select the EBT card options in 2nd step where it says “Choose a payment method.”
That’s all about adding an EBT card to your Amazon account.
Now I am going to answer some of the questions about EBT that relate to adding a card to Amazon.
How to add EBT card to amazon prime
To add an EBT card to Amazon Prime, you need to follow the above steps in order to buy snap items plus get an Amazon Prime discount.
Make sure to renew the Amazon Prime discount membership every year to be eligible for the discount. In many cases, I have noticed that Amazon automatically verifies eligibility and continues to give you the discount.
To find more online stores that accept SNAP EBT cards, check out this post.
How do I handle issues with my EBT card not working on Amazon?
If you’re experiencing issues with your EBT card not working on Amazon, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
- Ensure that your items are SNAP-eligible: Amazon only allows the use of EBT cards for SNAP-eligible items. Double-check that the items in your cart are eligible for SNAP benefits
- Check your EBT balance: Make sure you have sufficient funds on your EBT card to cover the cost of your order. You can check your balance by calling the number on the back of your card or using an app like Fresh EBT.
- Verify your EBT card information: Ensure that your EBT card information is correctly entered and up-to-date on your Amazon account.
- Contact Amazon customer service: If you’ve confirmed that your items are SNAP-eligible and your EBT card has sufficient funds, but you’re still experiencing issues, reach out to Amazon customer service for assistance.
- Contact EBT customer service: If Amazon customer service is unable to resolve the issue, you may need to contact EBT customer service for further assistance.
If you continue to experience issues, it’s possible that there may be a temporary problem with Amazon or EBT systems, and you may need to try again later.
Can I use my EBT card to shop on Amazon Fresh?
You can use your EBT card to shop at Amazon Fresh. As SNAP EBT card users, you can use your SNAP funds on Amazon, Amazon Fresh, and Whole Foods Market.
Customers with a registered EBT card also get free access to Amazon Fresh and 50% off a Prime membership. However, it’s important to note that you cannot add a tip when using an EBT card for your Amazon Fresh order.
If you wish to tip the delivery driver, you will need to do so with cash or another payment method.
Can I use my EBT card to buy Amazon gift cards?
You cannot use your EBT card to buy Amazon gift cards.
EBT cards are intended for purchasing eligible food items and cannot be used to buy gift cards or other non-food items.